Monday, May 14, 2012

Entitlements

It amazes me how people can complain about things then go on to advocate things that would vastly make their situation worse.
The following was posted in response to such a rant made on April 24th by a couple that were collecting SSDI and unhappy with what they got. They went on to demand that anyone earning over $110,000 should not collect SS Retirement, blamed the President for the economy, and demanded a "FLAT Tax" which economists have proven would be far costlier for people in their situation.

http://money.usnews.com/money/retirement/articles/2012/01/23/5-social-security-changes-coming-in-2012/comments    about upcoming Social Security changes.


Always amuses me when someone collecting benefits gripes about the hand that feeds them and people that work.
As retired military I get by, deal with multiple disabilities but do not collect Social Security despite being unable to work. I expect even though I paid into that system for decades I'll never see anything from SS since I received a notice to that effect after not working for several years. I have not even considered food stamps despite at times in my life foraging being the only way I could eat.

I take pride in my country and believe our President is doing very well considering what he had to work with..

It takes time to fix the HUGE MESS this country and the world faced from IRRESPONSIBLE GAMBLING in the UNMONITORED Financial sector. The Great Depression should have been a lesson on leaving the Financial Foxes in charge of the hen house but apparently economic history and personal financial responsibility is NOT taught in Public Schools.

BTW the Civilian (pay into or go without care) HMO TRICARE that the military got stuck with after promises that the things that disabled me would be paid for in exchange for service to MY country is about to be EVEN MORE COSTLY for LESS care than civilians get because once again despite all the flag waving - when the "wars" are over military personnel and veterans are usually the first on the financial chopping block.

Seems profit seeking civilian contractors have more "pull" in Congress to profitably "take over" essential services such as medical services and "guarding" our military bases that will most likely fail in a crisis and to keep their cold war era material sales.

Civilians are held to a MUCH LOWER commitment standard. I'd Like to see them held to the UCMJ when they break any of those military laws and "cut and run".

No comments:

Post a Comment